Friday, March 9, 2012

Bissell Family






"Dec 19 -- Dear friends: Well we are home again. We dident get lost anymore we came home a different rood it was better than the one we had going out I am sending you our picture it is not very good but maybe it will keep the rats away how is the weather out there? it has been warm here the last few days I suppose you are thinking about old Santa well I would like to hear from you so please write. Mr and Mrs Chas Bissell -- (note has been cut off but reads: "our ad Massen. . .)"





Blogger's note: I searched census records for this family and found Chas S. Bissell living in Massena, Cass county, Iowa, with his wife Gertrude A, and children, Virgil E. 16, Marvin A. 14, Earl L. 4, Betty A. 3 , and Audry V. 0 in 1930.

1 comment:

  1. thank you for posting the Bissell picture to the Bissell List. Charlie Bissell was my dad's uncle. It was interesting to see what they looked like as young adults. I only knew them when they were getting up in years. I went to high school in Massena with several of their grandchildren.

    Julie Bissell Tupker

    ReplyDelete